About this vacancy
This is a unique opportunity for a student to contribute to UPSU and get some amazing experience for their CV. You will work alongside the Sabbatical Officers, Trustees and our Senior Management Team, giving your views on how UPSU can enhance the student experience. You will learn about business, HR, finance and charity law and make a valuable contribution to the lives of your fellow students.
We are looking to recruit a resourceful, determined and committed student to join our Board of Trustees, who will help to drive the Students Union to better meet the needs of its members. Applications are welcomed from any student, especially if you have more than one year of study left.
Download the Student Trustee Recruitment Pack.
- Voluntary position (unpaid)
- In practical terms, Trustees are expected to attend meetings of the Board of Trustees (normally 5 per year, one of which is a 2-day ‘away day’ event) and to attend one of our subcommittees three times per year
- You will need to ensure you are adequately prepared for such meetings
We are seeking applications from candidates who:
- Are a fully registered University of Plymouth student
- Have a good understanding of issues affecting postgraduate, international, mature or part-time students in the UK and studying at the University of Plymouth
- Have a passion for the Students’ Union and for supporting our vision to transform lives through experience
To apply, complete the Application forms below and email to email@example.com
- Advert live: Wednesday 11 September 2019
- Closing date: Monday 30 September 2019 (9am)
- Interview date: Friday 11 October 2019
- Start date: Tuesday 29 October 2019 (attend Trustee Board 1pm – 5pm)
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of any characteristic.