Sports Centre Assistant – Student x 4/5
Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here.
About this vacancy
To provide an assistant role within the sports centre including the reception service for the sports facilities on campus and to undertake administrative duties as required by the Sports Centre Manager
- Student Jobs at UPSU are a priceless opportunity to be welcomed into a friendly student environment – UPSU promotes a strong teamwork ethic, built on friendship, hard work and communication
- UPSU Student Staff to learn some adaptable and valuable skills and knowledge to develop your interpersonal skills and your CV.
- Many student staff have the potential to progress through the promotion structure
- UPSU Student Staff often obtain salaried employment at UPSU once they finish their studies, because they learn so many skills in their student roles
- Plymouth University students only
- £7.70 + holiday pay = £8.63ph
- If over 25, £8.21 + holiday pay = £9.20ph
- Work closely with other students in a particularly positive and friendly working atmosphere.
- Variety of shifts to work round studies
Full requirements are in the Job Description. We are seeking applications from candidates who:
- Are currently studying at Plymouth University
- Have experience of working in customer facing environments with excellent interpersonal skills and able to engage with students.
- Have experience of working in a sports department desirable but not essential
- Have experience of selling services and products
- Are available for a variety of shifts to suit between 7:15am and 10:15pm Monday to Friday, some weekends – not more than 20 hours per week maximum.
To apply, complete the Application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job live: Monday 11 February 2019
- Closing date: 8 March 2019 9am
- Interviews: 15 March 2019
- Start date: As soon as possible thereafter.
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.