Retail (Shop) Assistant – Student
Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here.
About this vacancy
The Student Union shop is a fast paced and fun place to work. Working together to achieve amazing results everything we do is aimed at giving our customers great value for money.
- Student Jobs at UPSU are a priceless opportunity to be welcomed into a friendly student environment – UPSU promotes a strong teamwork ethic, built on friendship, hard work and communication
- UPSU Student Staff to learn some adaptable and valuable skills and knowledge to develop your interpersonal skills and your CV.
- Many student staff have the potential to progress through the promotion structure, presenting opportunities to become supervisors
- UPSU Student Staff often obtain salaried employment at UPSU once they finish their studies, because they learn so many skills in their student roles
- Plymouth University students only
- £7.70 + holiday pay = £8.63
- Or £8.21 + holiday pay (if over 25) = £9.20
- Shift requirements – various shifts
- Choose from a variety of shifts around your studies and aligned with business needs.
- Work closely with other students, building close friendships
- Promotion opportunities
- Learn about the retail industry and gain valuable customer service experience
Full requirements are in the Job Description. We are seeking applications from candidates who:
- Are currently studying at Plymouth University
- Understand the needs of students
- Various shifts are available Monday to Friday 7.30am-8.30pm and 11.30am-5.30pm weekends.
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Able to engage with students and other customers, demonstrating excellent customer service
- Effective and accurate numerical skills
To apply, complete the Application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job live: Monday 11 February 2019
- Closing date: 4 March 2019
- Interviews: 25, 26 and 27 March 2019
- Start date: 1 May 2019
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.