Student Event Crew Technicians x5
Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here.
About this vacancy
To assist and support the Entertainments & Events Manager in providing support for all technical and operational needs. To work as part of the Entertainment team to ensure that services are organised effectively and efficiently, with due regard to quality, customer service, health and safety and the mission and objectives of the UPSU.
- Student Jobs at UPSU are a priceless opportunity to be welcomed into a friendly student environment – UPSU promotes a strong teamwork ethic, built on friendship, hard work and communication
- Learn some valuable knowledge and skills in the competitive events industry whilst working on some large scale music events and get to work with some well-known artists.
- UPSU Student Staff often obtain salaried employment at UPSU once they finish their studies, through the opportunity to learn so many skills in student roles
- Plymouth University students only
- £7.70 + holiday pay = £8.63
- Or £8.21 + holiday pay (if over 25)= £9.20
- Shift requirements: Willing and able to work several shifts per week
- Willing and able to work with money efficiently and quickly for events/nightclub
- Choose shifts around your studies
- Work closely with other students, building close friendships
Full requirements are in the Job Description. We are seeking applications from candidates who:
- Are currently studying at Plymouth University
- Must be over 18
- Able to work to high standards ensuring technical requirements of all UPSU entertainments and events are fulfilled and can demonstrate effective knowledge of live music as well as DJ set ups.
- Must be able to work a range of shifts including weekends and key events as listed on the job description and be flexible with shifts – working some unsociable hours.
- Can demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Are able to follow regulations in relation to UPSU H&S policy.
- Able to work well under pressure as part of a high-performing team
To apply, complete the Application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job live: Monday 11 February 2019
- Closing date: 19 March 2019
- Interviews: 28 March 2019
- Start date: Around 1 May 2019
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.