Read more about UPSU here. Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here.
About this vacancy
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the cleaning team at UPSU. The key duties of this role include providing a high standard of cleaning to areas of the Students’ Union, to maintain all cleaning materials issued, and report any breakages and recurrent problems.
- Grade 1
- Salary £16,714 FTE prorated to £8,834
- 880 hours per year (16.5 hours per week)
- Permanent position
UPSU employs over 80 dedicated and passionate salaried staff, as well as over 200 casual student staff. We are an Investors in People Gold employer, working towards the brand new Livewell Wellbeing Charter, and offer:
- 25 days paid annual leave, plus 8 paid Bank Holidays, plus 3 paid Christmas days
- A popular annualised hours system that works in a very similar way to a flexi-time system
- Paid lunch breaks
- Annual increments
- Access to a workplace pension scheme
- One paid day off per year to undertake voluntary work
- Annual chill-out days and Christmas parties
- Access to reductions for bus travel
- Occupational sick pay, maternity and paternity pay schemes
- Subsidised membership of our on-campus Sports Centre
- Many other incentives: visit the Staff Incentives page for more information
- Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here
We are seeking applications from candidates who have:
- Experience of industrial cleaning
- Knowledge of cleaning materials
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to work shifts as required, generally 05:30 to 09:00 although adhoc may be required.
View the full Person Specification link below.
For full details and to apply in this instance please send us your CV and a covering letter using MSWord or PDF only (if applying online) telling us why you are suitable for this role. Please also complete the EO and Advertising forms and send to firstname.lastname@example.org OR send by post to: HR Manager, UPSU The Hive, Drake Circus, Plymouth, PL4 8AA.
- Job live: 15/3/19
- Closing date: 17/4/19
- Interviews: 25/4/19 & 26/4/19 (Please keep one of these dates free if applying)
- Start date: 29/4/19 or asap thereafter
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.