About this vacancy
This will be a new and exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to join our vibrant and professional finance team and to support the day to day finance operations of the Students’ Union.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and have the drive to support our current mission to modernise the organisation’s financial processes and systems. You will need to be very confident with IT and the management and maintenance of our finance systems (including Sage 200c and Sage Payroll) and have the confidence to suggest and implement improvements.
You will also play a key supportive role within the running of the team and will therefore need sound finance and accountancy experience.
- Grade 6
- Salary £26,504 (rising to £28,358 with annual increments)
- Full-time role (37 hours per week, which includes paid lunch breaks)
- Permanent position
UPSU employs 65 dedicated and passionate salaried staff, as well as over 200 casual student staff. We are an Investors in People Gold employer, and offer:
- Over 7 weeks’ paid annual leave (including Bank Holidays and paid Closedown Days) rising to over 8 weeks after 5 years,
- A popular annualised hours system that works in a very similar way to a flexi-time system
- Paid lunch breaks
- Annual increments
- Access to a good workplace pension scheme
- One paid day off per year to undertake voluntary work
- Annual chill-out days and Christmas parties
- Occupational sick pay, maternity and paternity pay schemes
- Subsidised membership of our on-campus Sports Centre
- Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here
Full requirements can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification. Some key requirements include:
- Finance & Accounting Degree or AAT to Technician Level or Qualified By Experience
- Significant experience working in a Finance Department in a medium size organisation
- Experience maintaining SAGE accounting and payroll systems (or similar)
- Ability to develop modern IT systems and packages, with expertise in excel spreadsheets
- Ability to work successfully with a wide range of people
- Ability to work well under pressure and able to manage conflicting deadlines
- Exceptional standards of honesty and integrity
To apply, complete both parts of the Application form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: Monday 21 October (9am)
- Interviews: Monday 28 October 2019 (this date cannot be changed – please be prepared to be available)
- Start date: ASAP thereafter
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of any characteristic.