Cleaning Staff – Student x20
Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here.
About this vacancy
To assist the Facilities Manager and Facilities Supervisor in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment for students and customers. There is a variety of work opportunities within this team with flexibility and fixed shift patterns
Student Jobs at UPSU are a priceless opportunity to be welcomed into a friendly student environment – UPSU promotes a strong teamwork ethic, built on friendship, hard work and communication
UPSU Student Staff to learn some adaptable and valuable skills and knowledge to develop your interpersonal skills and your CV.
Many student staff have the potential to progress through the promotion structure, presenting opportunities to become supervisors
UPSU Student Staff often obtain salaried employment at UPSU once they finish their studies, because they learn so many skills in their student roles
Plymouth University students only
£7.70 + holiday pay = £8.63ph (if over 25 £8.21 + holiday pay = £9.20ph)
Night working rate £7.80 + holiday pay = £8.74ph (if over 25 £8.31 + holiday pay = £9.31ph)
Greater flexibility of working hours than in many other student roles
Work closely with other students in a particularly positive and friendly working atmosphere.
Fixed Shift Term rota
Get to see some great events whilst working
Full requirements are in the Job Description. We are seeking applications from candidates who:
- Are currently studying at Plymouth University
- Experience of cleaning an advantage but not essential
- Willing and able to work several shifts per week is essential. Some unsocial hours.
- Flexibility to work out of shift schedule for one off events
- Experience of H&S and UPSU policies an advantage but not essential
- Able to learn new tasks quickly and with initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills
To apply, complete the Application form and email to email@example.com
- Job live: Monday 11 February 2019
- Closing date: 4 March 2019
- Interviews: 13 and 14 March 2019
- Start date: 1 May 2019
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.