Café Staff – Student x 12
Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here.
About this vacancy
To provide and maintain a high standard of service to members of UPSUs catering services
- Student Jobs at UPSU are a priceless opportunity to be welcomed into a friendly student environment – UPSU promotes a strong teamwork ethic, built on friendship, hard work and communication
- UPSU Student Staff to learn some adaptable and valuable skills and knowledge to develop your interpersonal skills and your CV.
- Many student staff have the potential to progress through the promotion structure, presenting opportunities to become supervisors
- UPSU Student Staff often obtain salaried employment at UPSU once they finish their studies, because they learn so many skills in their student roles
- Plymouth University students only
- £7.70 + holiday pay = £8.63ph
- Or if over 25, £8.21 + holiday pay = £9.20ph
- Willing and able to work up to 10 shifts every 4 weeks and available during key events.
- Work closely with other students, building close friendships
- Promotion opportunities
- Learn about the café/hospitality industry and gain valuable skills and knowledge and customer service experience
Full requirements are in the Job Description. We are seeking applications from candidates who:
- Are currently studying at Plymouth University
- Willing to study towards a Food Hygiene Certificate and other specific online training
- Willing and able to work up to 10 shifts every 4 weeks and available during key events such as the Summer Bal, Beer Festival, St Patricks Day, Hallowe’en etc.
- Offer excellent teamwork, be flexible and have initiative and be inspiring to others
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Able to engage with students and other customers, demonstrating excellent customer service
- Have or are willing to learn cash handling and barista skills.
To apply, complete the Application form and email to email@example.com
- Job live: Monday 11 February 2019
- Closing date: 4 March 2019
- Interviews: 15 March 2019
- Start date: 1 May 2019
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.