About this vacancy
We believe that the University of Plymouth Students’ Union should be a social, inclusive organisation. We are committed to doing an amazing job and work hard to facilitate opportunities and experiences for students. If you see yourself working as part of our friendly, passionate team, we’d love to hear from you.
As our Cafe Manager, you will work closely with the Director of Commercial Services to manage our Costa Lounge. This will involve providing high-quality coffee, food and beverage, ensuring the service area is presented well, as one of our key student-facing spaces. You will manager a team of staff, including salaried and student staff, provide excellent customer service and manage the operational finances of the outlet.
This will be a busy role, and you will also need to get involved in supporting the organisation with different duties from time to time.
Read about the outlet here.
- Grade 4
- Salary starts at: £20,609
- 1665 hours per annum, normally worked between September and June - all holiday will normally be assigned to July and August
- Variable hours, usually around 40-45 hours per week between September and June, and usually no hours worked in July and August (but you will still be paid in 12 equal installments over the year)
- Permanent position
- Job Description and Person Specification
UPSU employs 70 dedicated and passionate salaried staff, as well as over 200 casual student staff. We are an Investors in People Gold employer and offer:
- 25 days paid annual leave, plus 8 paid Bank Holidays, plus 3 paid Christmas days
- A popular annualised hours system that works in a very similar way to a flexi-time system
- Paid lunch breaks
- Annual increments
- Access to a great workplace pension scheme
- One paid day off per year to undertake voluntary work
- Annual chill-out days and Christmas parties
- Occupational sick pay, maternity and paternity pay schemes
- Subsidised membership of our on-campus Sports Centre
- And many other benefits
Please email both of the following forms to email@example.com
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification
- Closing date: Monday 29 July 2019 (9am)
- Interviews: Monday 5 August 2019 (please be prepared to be available on this day)
- Start date: 1 September 2019
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of any characteristic.