About this vacancy
We believe that the University of Plymouth Students’ Union should be a social, inclusive organisation. We are committed to doing an amazing job and work hard to facilitate opportunities and experiences for students. If you see yourself working as part of our friendly, passionate team, we’d love to hear from you.
As our Business Development Manager, you will work closely with the Director of Commercial Services to generate revenue for the organisation through business-to-business relationships. This will include sponsorship agreements, advertising and exploring revenue diversification. You will need to be very proactive and able to recognise leads and convert sales.
This will be a busy role, and you will be also able to get involved in supporting the organisation with different duties from time to time.
- Grade 6
- Salary starts at: £26,504
- 1,665 hours per annum (on average 37 hours per week)
- Flexible working hours will be required, occasionally including evenings or weekends
- Permanent position
UPSU employs 70 dedicated and passionate salaried staff, as well as over 200 casual student staff. We are an Investors in People Gold employer and offer:
- 25 days paid annual leave, plus 8 paid Bank Holidays, plus 3 paid Christmas days
- A popular annualised hours system that works in a very similar way to a flexi-time system
- Paid lunch breaks
- Annual increments
- Access to a great workplace pension scheme
- One paid day off per year to undertake voluntary work
- Annual chill-out days and Christmas parties
- Occupational sick pay, maternity and paternity pay schemes
- Subsidised membership of our on-campus Sports Centre
- And many other benefits
Please email both of the following forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification
- Closing date: Wednesday 7 August 2019 (9am)
- Interviews: Wednesday 14 August 2019 (please be prepared to be available on this day)
- Start date: September 2019
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of any characteristic.