Read more about UPSU here. Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here.
About this vacancy
As a Barista you will assist the Café Shift Manager in the provision of an effective and efficient Lounge Service in the Students’ Union ensuring the provision of a quality, customer-centred operation and to deliver the perfect cup of coffee to every customer.
You will have previous experience of working with a Barista machine and have supervisory experience. You will have provided outstanding customer service, have the ability to work well within a team and have knowledge and understanding of catering, food preparation and food service.
- Grade 1
- Salary £16,117 per annum
- 1,665 hours per year (approx.37 hours per week)
- Permanent position
- Monday to Friday, occasional weekend/evening
UPSU employs 86 dedicated and passionate salaried staff, as well as over 200 casual student staff. We are an Investors in People Gold employer, working towards the brand new Livewell Wellbeing Charter, and offer:
- 25 days paid annual leave, plus 8 paid Bank Holidays, plus 3 paid Christmas days
- A popular annualised hours system that works in a very similar way to a flexi-time system
- Paid lunch breaks
- Annual increments
- Access to a great workplace pension scheme
- One paid day off per year to undertake voluntary work
- Annual chill-out days and Christmas parties
- Access to reductions for bus travel
- Occupational sick pay, maternity and paternity pay schemes
- Subsidised membership of our on-campus Sports Centre
- Many other incentives: visit the Staff Incentives page for more information
- Read about UPSU's IIP Gold status here
We are seeking applications from candidates who have:
- A Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- Experience of working with as Barista.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience of dealing with food service
- Knowledge of food preparation
- Are able to communicate confidently with customers
- Able to work within a team and individually (dependant on volume of shift)
- Able to work approx 37 hours per week including some weekends and evenings
For full details and to apply in this instance please send us your CV and a covering letter telling us why you are suitable for this role. Please also complete the EO and Advertising forms and send to email@example.com
- Closing date: 18 February 2019 9am
- Interviews: 25 February 2019 (please be prepared to be available on this day)
- Start date: Asap thereafter
Equality of Opportunity
UPSU is proudly an accredited Investor in People and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.