TAKE A STEP TO GROW, DEVELOP AND SUCCEED
Open to all Plymouth University students, UPSU and UNITE Students are offering you a free day of workshops and activities (including a free lunch) to help you develop and understand more your core professional skills, to help you boost your C.V.
A Magic Formula for Leadership Success - Provided by Rachael Howourth - Director at Momentum South West Ltd.
Attend some of the other workshops on offer:
- How are you feeling? - Learn a little about Emotional Intelligence and its impact on your life.
- Getting The Message Across - Develop effective communication skills.
- Struggling with teamwork? - Discover tools to get any team working together and on the right track.
- What's your leadership style? Test yourself through set challenges to work out what styles of leadership you tend to use.
- Get The Most Out Of Meetings - Time is precious, don’t let a meeting waste it!
- Growing The Wellbeing - Student Wellbeing Services: Aiming to Grow the Wellbeing of all Students for now and beyond.
Discover more about yourself and how to enhance your job prospects.....
- Free lunch on us whilst you catch up with fellow students, and take the opportunity to talk one to one with the visiting experts.
- Use the free tools and resources in our reflective space to better understand your capabilities.
- Discover the extra-curricular activities on offer that can help boost your C.V.
- Learn more about the University's free business start up advice and support.
This all day event is free to attend, but will require you to pay a £5 refundable deposit (+50p Website Basket Fee), in order to secure a space. £5.50 will then be refunded to you on arrival at the event. You will be able to choose which workshops you attend on arrival. If you have any issues or concerns with regards to paying a £5.50 deposit, then please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your issues/concerns.
Plan For The Day
- 10:30am to 11:00am - Registration, deposit refunds, and a chance to explore.
- 11:00am to 12:00pm - Welcome and Opening Workshop - Rachael Howourth from Momentum South West
- 12:00pm to 1:00pm - Workshop Session 1 (sign up to a session of your choice during the registration period)
- 1:00pm to 2:00pm - Free lunch and a chance to explore.
- 2:00pm to 3:00pm - Workshop Session 2 (sign up to a session of your choice during the registration period)
- 3:00pm to 4:00pm - Workshop Session 3 (sign up to a session of your choice during the registration period)
- 4:00pm to 4:30pm - Tea, Coffee, Biscuits and Catching Up/Sharing Ideas and a chance to explore.